Thursday, August 05, 2010

Baby #2 is on the way!

I'm thinking that most people know now, but in case you don't, Baby Boyle #2 is on the way! We are so excited to be expecting our little surprise at the end of December. That's right, a holiday baby! And we aren't finding out the gender this time, which I am very happy about!

So, let me do the math for you and tell you that I'm 19 weeks 3 days today. I had a midwife appointment this morning followed up by our anatomy ultrasound. The midwife appointment went really well. For those who remember from last time, I developed high blood pressure at the end and I'm really making an effort to NOT have a repeat occurance of that. My blood pressure has been normal so far, so that's good. Baby's heartbeat today was 148, which is definitely going to throw my mom off in terms of guessing whether this baby is a boy or girl. It has previously always been around 160...and Imogen's was always in the 160s. Last but not least, my uterus is measuring at 22cm, which equates to 22 weeks, so that's a little ahead right now. I remember always measuring 1-2 weeks ahead with Imogen as well, so I think it's just because I'm short that it doesn't have anywhere to go except out.

The ultrasound went really well too! Our tech was so nice and explained what she was doing the entire time. She said the heartbeat was 145 bpm, which matches what the midwife had just heard on the doppler. She said the baby looks perfect: 10 fingers, 10 toes, heart in the right place, stomach in the right place, cord looks good, good amniotic fluid, etc etc. We are so happy and excited and relieved to know that things are going well in there.

And something interesting to me is that baby is already head down. I have been feeling so many movements down low that I thought FOR SURE that baby's feet were kicking me. Nope, he/she just has strong arms apparently.

How is Imogen reacting to all of this? Well, we tell her all the time about the new baby and the baby in mommy's belly, but I don't think she grasps it yet. She is so loving to her babies and stuffed animals though, so I'm hopeful that she will be more of a helper than the jealous type.

I definitely haven't been as good taking belly shots as I was last time. I will get one on Monday when I'm 20 weeks to share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting! You never mentioned it in your e-mails! YAY for you 3 (4!)